30 Jan Avocado Potato SaladPrint
Avocado Potato Salad
The perfect summertime side
Potato salad meets guacamole. It’s the perfect summery side to your all your BBQ favourites. It consists of new potatoes tossed in a bright, zingy ‘dressing’ made with avocado, lots of fresh herbs, lime, garlic and honey. Looking for something to pair it with? How about my Spicy BBQ Ribs, Grilled Garlic and Lemon Poussin or Lamb Koftas?
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 as a side 1x
- Category: Vegetarian
For the potato salad:
- 750 g baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 echalion shallot, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
For the zingy avocado ‘dressing’:
- 10 g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 10 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large avocado
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsps honey
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with cold water, season generously with sea salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Taste the water – it should be sea-level salty (don’t worry, very little of the salt will actually be absorbed by the potatoes). Cook until tender to the tip of a knife, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the ‘dressing’. For a chunkier, guacamole-style dressing, mash all of the ingredients together with a fork. For a smooth dressing, place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Drain the cooked potatoes then let cool for 30 minutes – this is a great time to get the rest of your prep done (i.e. finally chopping the shallot and chilli).
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Add the dressing, shallots and chilli and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning, then serve and enjoy! Note: it’ll be just as delicious the next day!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!