Bacon Baked Bean Smashburger
Everyone loves a good burger and this one is as delicious as it is messy. It’s loaded with a smashed patty, topped with perfectly melted cheese, crispy streaky bacon and baked beans, which might seem like a rogue addition but I promise it works!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 8 smoked bacon rashers
- 500g beef mince
- 4 slices mature cheddar cheese
- 1 x 400g can Branston Baked Beans
- 4 burger buns, toasted
To serve (optional toppings):
- little gem lettuce
- tomato slices
- red onion slices
- Arrange the bacon in a single layer in a cold large non-stick frying pan. Set the pan over a medium heat and cook until golden and crisp on the bottom. Flip and cook until golden and crisp on the other side, then transfer to a kitchen towel-lined plate to drain.
- Divide the beef mince into 4 balls and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add a splash of vegetable oil and two of the mince balls. Top each ball with a square of greaseproof paper and smash down with a spatula or something heavy to flatten.
- Cook for 2 minutes then flip and top each patty with a slice of cheese. Cover the pan to melt the cheese, then transfer to a plate to rest. Repeat with the remaining mince balls and cheese slices.
- Pour the baked beans into a small saucepan set over a medium heat and bring to a bare simmer, stirring frequently.
- To assemble, top the toasted bottom burger bun with lettuce, tomato and red onion, then add the cheesy patty and bacon. Top with a generous ladleful of baked beans and finish with the top bun, then serve and enjoy.