01 Feb Black Garlic & Harissa WingsPrint
Black Garlic & Harissa Wings
These wings are finger-licking good! You can grill them in the oven or on the barbecue. Black garlic is made by ageing regular white garlic, which gives it a delicious sweet and savoury taste. Combine it with harissa paste and you’ve got yourself a flavour bomb of a marinade.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 5 as a snack/starter 1x
- Category: Chicken
- 8 black garlic cloves
- 2 tbsps harissa paste
- 1 kg chicken wings, halved at the joint
- sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Heat oven grill to medium. Place the black garlic cloves in a mortar and pound to a paste with a pestle. Add the harissa paste and pound to combine.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and season generously with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
- Add the black garlic-harissa paste and massage it into the chicken, ensuring that the pieces are evenly coated. Let sit at least 15 minutes, or preferably, cover and let sit in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Line a large baking tray with foil. Arrange the wings in a single layer, skin-side down. Roast for 10 minutes on the top rack of your oven. Flip the wings and return the tray to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
The longer you marinate the wings, the more flavourful they will be. I let mine marinate overnight.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!