26 Jun Caramelised Courgette (Zucchini) PastaPrint
Caramelised Courgette (Zucchini) Pasta
This is definitely one of those recipes that’s greater than the sum of its parts. It only uses 6 ingredients, but it’s packed with flavour and is so nice and savoury.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 courgettes, sliced into ½ cm rounds
- 4 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 4 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 20g fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 200g dried pasta of choice
- 40g pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano, plus more for serving
- 1 handful toasted pine nuts, for serving (optional)
- Heat a generous glug of extra-virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan set over a medium heat. Add the courgettes, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat in the oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelised and jammy, 25 to 30 minutes.
- If the pan is looking dry, add a splash more extra-virgin olive oil, then add the garlic and anchovies and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the basil then remove the pan from the heat.
- Cook your pasta in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente then drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Return the courgette pan to the stove over a medium heat. Add the drained pasta, pecorino romano, lemon juice and a ladleful or two of pasta water. Cook, tossing vigorously, until a sauce forms and the pasta is nicely coated.
- Plate up topped with more pecorino and pine nuts (optional) then serve and enjoy.