01 Aug Chilli Lime Butter Corn on the CobPrint
Chilli Lime Butter Corn on the Cob
I love corn and this is one of my favourite ways to enjoy it. Grilling it gives it a charred, crisp exterior, all while keeping the interior sweet and juicy. It’s great on its own, but it’s even better smothered in this homemade chilli lime butter, which comes together in just a couple of minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 8 corn on the cob
- 40g nuts of choice (hazelnuts work especially nicely)
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- 100g butter
- 2 red chillies, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 limes, zest
- 1 lime, juice
10g fresh coriander, finely chopped (or flat-leaf parsley)
- Heat your oven-grill to medium-high and place a rack on the top shelf.
- Grill the corn directly on the rack, turning once halfway through, until charred on the outside and tender on the inside, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the nuts, chipotle chilli flakes and a good pinch of salt in a food processor and blitz to a coarse crumb. Set aside until ready to use
- Just before the corn is done, melt the butter in a small saucepan set over a medium heat. Add the chillies, garlic and lime zest and cook for 1 minute, then remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the fresh coriander. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Brush the chilli lime butter over the corn, top with a sprinkle of the chipotle nuts, then serve hot and enjoy.