19 Aug Creamy Tomato and Pepper PastaPrint
Creamy Tomato and Pepper Pasta
This creamy, summery pasta number makes for a very tasty midweek dinner. Roasting the tomatoes and peppers like this concentrates their flavours and really brings out their natural sweetness. Paired with creamy mascarpone, parmesan and fresh basil, it makes for a perfectly balanced pasta sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 3 1x
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 4 sweet pointed peppers (romano peppers), sliced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, top removed
- 300g dried pasta
- 125g mascarpone
- 50g parmigiano reggiano or grana padano, grated
- Handful fresh basil, roughly torn
- Heat your oven to 200°C / fan 180°C.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, sweet pointed peppers and rosemary in a roasting tin. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Place the garlic on a small square of foil, cut-side-up. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with oil and wrap in foil.
- Nestle the garlic into the veg. Pop everything into the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove the garlic bulbs from the foil and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of generously salted water to the boil. Cook your pasta according to the package instructions.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves back into the tray and add the mascarpone, parmigiano reggiano and basil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water. Add it to the tray, with a splash of the pasta cooking water, and toss well to coat. Once the pasta is nicely coated in the sauce, you’re ready to serve – enjoy!