30 Jul Gyro-Style Chicken FlatbreadsPrint
Gyro-Style Chicken Flatbreads
These gyro-style chicken flatbreads are loaded with homemade tzatziki, chargrilled chicken, fresh tomato salad and crispy potato stick crisps – because who wants to deep fry on a weeknight?!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
For the chicken:
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 600g chicken thigh fillets (boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
For the tzatziki:
- ¼ cucumber
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste
For the tomato salad:
- 250g cherry tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 banana shallot (echalion shallot), very finely chopped
- 10g fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste
For the rest:
- vegetable oil
- 4 Greek-style flatbreads
- 4 handfuls potato stick crisps
- Combine the extra-virgin olive oil, Greek yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice, dried oregano, ground cumin and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the chicken, toss to coat and leave to marinate for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, grate the cucumber and place in the middle of a tea towel. Gather up the edges and twist to wring out as much moisture as possible.
- Place the drained cucumber in a small mixing bowl with the Greek yoghurt, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Season generously with salt and pepper (it can take it!) then refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, shallot, parsley and extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, toss to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grease a griddle pan with vegetable oil and set it over a medium/medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the thighs), or until cooked all the way through. Alternatively, you can roast the chicken at 220°C for around 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Let rest for at least 5 mins before slicing.
- Heat your flatbreads according to the package instructions.
- Assembly time! Spread some tzatziki onto each flatbread. Top with chicken, tomato salad and a big handful of potato stick crisps then serve and enjoy!