Harissa Honey Chicken Wings
Sweet and sticky, with just a hint of spice. These wings are finger-licking good – perfect for munching at a party. Added bonus: the recipe only calls for 4 ingredients!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 as a starter/snack 1x
- Category: Chicken
- 1 kg chicken wings, halved at the joint
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tsp harissa spice powder
- 3 tbsp honey
- Heat oven grill to medium. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and season generously with sea salt and some freshly-ground black pepper.
- Add the harissa paste and harissa spice powder and massage the seasoning into the chicken; ensure that the chicken is evenly coated. Let sit at least 15 minutes, or preferably, cover and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Line a large baking tray with foil. Arrange the wings in a single layer, skin-side down. Grill for 10 minutes on the top rack of your oven. Keep an eye on it, if it looks as though things are burning, lower the tray to the middle rack.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Flip the wings and return the tray to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Add the honey and toss to coat. Return the wings to the oven and grill for 3 to 5 minutes, or until nice and caramelised.
If you don’t have harissa spice powder, you can omit it and use 3 tbsp harissa paste instead.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!