30 Jan Pea, Leek and Mint SoupPrint
Pea, Leek and Mint Soup
A springtime staple
Delicious, light and refreshing! Pack in the goodness with this tasty, nutritious soup, loaded with peas, leeks and fresh mint. It’s incredibly easy to make. It comes together in less than 20 minutes. And it uses very few ingredients. What’s not to love?! Serve it warm or cold – either way, it’s delicious, healthy and full of flavour.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 as a starter 1x
- Category: Soups, Vegetarian
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 900 g frozen petit pois or peas
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 50 g mascarpone
- 20 g fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Heat a splash of extra-virgin olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and season generously with sea-salt and freshly-ground black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute then add the frozen peas and stock. Season generously with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper and stir to combine. Cover, turn the heat up to high and bring the soup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the mascarpone and fresh mint. Purée the soup in a blender until silky smooth then pour it into a clean saucepan. Season with salt, to taste.
- Reheat the soup to a gentle simmer, adding some extra stock if the soup is too thick for your liking. Pour into bowls and serve with crusty bread – enjoy!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!