01 Feb Piña Colada Kale SmoothiePrint
Piña Colada Kale Smoothie
If you like piña coladas (and getting caught in the rain) you’ll love this delicious, tropical smoothie. It’s a holiday in a glass – it combines kale with juicy, fresh pineapple and decadent coconut cream, which makes for a refreshing smoothie that just screams summer. You’ll barely even notice the kale! Incorporating more greens into your diet has never been so easy (and yummy)!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Vegetarian, Smoothies and Smoothie Bowls
- 30 g kale, roughly chopped
- 180 g pineapple, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 2 tbsps coconut cream
- 10 g (approx. ½ inch fresh ginger root), peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp honey (or agave nectar if vegan)
- 120 cold water
- ice cubes, to serve
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. If it’s too thick for your liking, add some more water and blend until smooth. Serve with ice.
Substitutions and Alterations
- To make the smoothie sweeter: add more honey, agave nectar or sweetener of choice.
- To make it less sweet: add a little water or ice.
- Other bases: you can substitute the water for coconut water (for added coconuttiness), coconut milk (for added richness) or pineapple juice (for added sweetness).
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!