01 Feb Spiced Whole Roasted CauliflowerPrint
Spiced Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Whole roasted cauliflower, slathered with a delicious Middle Eastern spice marinade and roasted until perfectly tender. A delicious vegan alternative to a classic roast that is packed with flavour and incredibly easy to make.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp onion granules
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- small handful chopped flat-leaf parsley and lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C. Prep the cauliflower: remove the outer leaves and carefully trim the stalk so that the cauliflower lies flat. Don’t remove too much of the core; you want the entire head intact for roasting.
- Combine the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, allspice, onion, garlic and extra-virgin olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the marinade all over the cauliflower; season generously with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper on both sides.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a foil-lined oven tray. Bake for 1 hr 15 mins, or until tender-crisp; make a tent with foil and cover halfway through.
- Top the cooked cauliflower with some fresh flat-leaf parsley and a squeeze of fresh lime and serve, either whole or cut into large florets.