30 Jan Strawberry TiramisuPrint
In this fresh and fruity take on the Italian classic, coffee and chocolate are swapped for fresh strawberries, layered with a delicious homemade vanilla cream and strawberry-infused sponge fingers. This summery, no-bake dessert is so easy to make and can be prepared in advance, making it the perfect dessert for your next summer party. It’s alcohol-free, coffee-free and can be made without egg, so everyone can enjoy it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 8 hours
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Desserts and Baking
For the strawberry juice:
- 350 g ripe strawberries, tops removed and halved
- 1 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 150 ml water
For the cream mixture:
- 1 medium egg
- 120 g white granulated sugar
- 350 g mascarpone
- 350 ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
For the tiramisu:
- 400 g ripe strawberries, divided
- 2 x 175g packet of sponge fingers (Savoiardi sponge fingers)
- Place the strawberry juice ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whisk the egg for 1 minute, then add the sugar, mascarpone, double cream and vanilla bean paste and whisk on medium speed until the mixture has the consistency of thickly whipped cream, around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Working one at a time, dip the sponge fingers into the strawberry juice, turning for a few seconds until they are nicely coated but not soggy.
- Arrange enough of the sponge fingers to cover the base of a 23 cm square tin in a single layer. Top with half of the cream mixture, spreading it out into an even layer. Thinly slice half of the strawberries then arrange them in a single layer over the cream mixture.
- Repeat with another layer of soaked sponge fingers and top with the remaining cream mixture. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Right before serving, slice the other half of the strawberries and layer them over the top of the tiramisu. Serve and enjoy!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!