02 Jan Vegan Giant Couscous SaladPrint
Vegan Giant Couscous Salad
This wholesome plant-based salad is fresh, filling and packed with veggies. It’s absolutely delicious, so easy to throw together and requires no cooking, aside from boiling the giant couscous. It’s also great for meal prepping as it keeps well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Fun fact: despite its name, giant couscous isn’t actually couscous; it’s a form of pasta. It adds a wonderful chewy texture to dishes. I’ve opted for wholewheat giant couscous as it’s higher in protein, which makes the salad more filling, but you can use regular giant couscous as well. For reference, 100g regular giant couscous contains 3.6g of protein while the same amount of wholewheat giant couscous can contain up to 12.3g of protein, depending on the brand.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Vegan, Plant based, Salad, Pasta
- 300 g dried wholewheat giant couscous
- 250 g cherry or baby plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 1 large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 150 g vegan feta
For the dressing:
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp agave or honey
- Bring salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Boil the wholewheat giant couscous according to the package instructions then rinse under cold water and drain.
- While the couscous is cooking, place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, season with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper and whisk to combine.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, cucumber, parsley, chickpeas and feta in a large bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Add the drained couscous and dressing and toss well to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking then serve immediately or pack in airtight containers and enjoy throughout the week.