15 Aug Watermelon LimeadePrint
This summery watermelon limeade is so delicious and so refreshing. It’s the perfect thirst-quencher on a hot summer’s day. You can control how sweet it is by varying the amount of soda water used – if you like it sweet, use less; if you don’t have a sweet tooth, use more. You can also substitute the soda water with tonic water for some added bitterness.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 750g watermelon
- 150g sugar
- 150ml freshly-squeezed lime juice
- lots of ice cubes
- 250g frozen mixed berries
- 15g fresh mint
- 1.5l soda water, or to taste
- Peel and cut the watermelon into large cubes.
- Place in a blender with the sugar and lime juice and blitz until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Add a good handful of ice cubes, the frozen mixed berries and the mint to a large jug.
- Add the watermelon mix, top with the soda water and give it a good stir, then serve and enjoy cold.