01 Feb Pork & Vegetable Spring RollsPrint
Pork & Vegetable Spring Rolls
Crispy pork and vegetable spring rolls. I like to serve them with a rice vinegar and garlic dipping sauce but sweet chilli works too!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 spring rolls 1x
- Category: Meat, Sides
- vegetable oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 100 g water chestnuts, minced
- 300 g beansprouts
- ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Heat a splash of vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, water chestnuts and beansprouts and season with salt and white pepper. Stir-fry the veg for around 5 minutes, or until the onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for another minute, or until nice and fragrant.
- Add the pork mince, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and stir-fry for around 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Add the soy sauce and stir-fry for another 2 minutes then remove the wok from the heat. Transfer the filling to a large plate or bowl to cool.
- Place the spring roll wrapper in a diamond shape on a clean kitchen counter or chopping board, leaving the rest under a damp tea towel.
- Spoon around 2 tablespoons of the filling onto the bottom of the wrapper, about 3 cm from the bottom point. Shape it into a log.
- Fold the bottom point of the wrapper over the filling then fold in the edges, creating an envelope shape. Tightly roll the spring roll toward the top point. Dab some of the egg wash on the top point and finish the roll to seal the end.
- Heat a deep fat fryer or large saucepan with oil to 180℃. Fry the spring rolls for 5 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels then serve. I like mine with rice vinegar and garlic but sweet chilli works too!