01 Feb Quinoa, Pomegranate and Radish SaladPrint
Quinoa, Pomegranate and Radish Salad
Who says salads need to be boring? This healthy quinoa salad is inspired by tabbouleh, a Lebanese salad made with fresh parsley, fresh mint, tomatoes, spring onions and bulgur wheat, tossed in a simple lemon dressing. I substitute bulgur for nutrient-dense quinoa, which makes the recipe gluten-free and adds a boost of healthy protein, and I swap tomatoes for pomegranate and radish, for extra sweetness and texture. It’s the perfect balance of savoury, tart, sweet and pairs well with lots of different proteins. I like to serve it alongside my Harissa Lamb.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Vegan, Salads, Vegetarian, Sides
- 250 g quinoa
- 15 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, very finely chopped
- 15 g fresh mint leaves, very finely chopped
- 160 g pomegranate seeds
- 150 g radishes, very thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- Cook the quinoa in boiling salted water according to package instructions. Drain and let cool. You can rinse it with cold water to speed up the cooling process. Drain well and add to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or chilled.