15 Aug Strawberry and Ricotta TartPrint
Strawberry and Ricotta Tart
This simple summery pud is the perfect thing to make this weekend. Whipping ricotta makes it super light and fluffy. It’s almost like eating a cloud. A decadent, velvety cloud.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg, beaten
- 500g strawberries, quartered
- 95g sugar
- 1 large lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp rose extract
- 500g ricotta
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- Score the puff pastry, brush the edges with egg wash and bake at 220°C for 12 mins, or until golden brown and cooked through. Leave to cool.
- Combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a pan and cook over medium heat for 10 mins.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp water and add it to the strawberries. Cook for 1 min, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the rose extract. Leave to cool.
- Combine the ricotta, icing sugar and (optionally) the vanilla extract and whisk until smooth, light and fluffy.
- To assemble, spread the sweet ricotta over the puff pastry and top with the strawberry sauce. Enjoy!